Saturday, February 16, 2008

an email sent to me:

Seller Update: New Media Pricing Effective February 20

animeg3282,

By now, we hope you've had the chance to watch the Keynote and Executive Q&A webcasts from our annual eCommerce Forum held recently in Washington D.C. We heard your comments about the need for media and category-specific pricing and are accelerating our plan to phase it in. This fee cut will coincide with the site-wide pricing changes previously announced (see Basic Fees and Feature Fees) and will take effect on February 20.

In the Books, Music, Movies and Video Game software categories, we will be offering even lower insertion fees for the first three insertion tiers as follows:
Starting Price Current Fee New Lower Fee
$0.01 - 0.99 (auction-style only) $.20 $.10
$1.00 - 9.99 (auction-style & fixed price) $.40 $.25
$10.00 - 24.99 (auction-style & fixed price) $.60 $.35

For more information on these changes, please see the latest announcement for details. By rewarding and differentiating our best sellers, we will together deliver more of the great shopping experiences found nowhere else but on eBay
.

I mostly sell media items on ebay so I am feeling pretty good there. Combined with free gallery, I think that this will be a good change.

I'm not the type to turn my nose up at a venue that I can get sales in. Personally, I have to admit that I don't put much credence into strikes as many people would rather get sales and make money than have their merchandise sit for free.

No comments: