Sunday, July 18, 2004

Yesterday, I went to the flea market. I was pretty nervous as I hadn't been to one before. Sales of course weren't great- we were inside, next to the flea market office, and I didn't actually have my own booth, but had the end of another booth. Anyway, I felt encouraged by the sales. I sold two Bush buttons(I don't have any on the site, but after my parents complaining all the time, I made some) one to an old lady who had wandered over, and one to a younger girl whose mom said "Look at the pretty buttons!" I sold two buttons one that said "Stop Blaming and Start Working" and another that said "Don't Live in Afrodenial" to a woman who had worked with me. I sold a bracelet that was made of wooden beads to an AKA, apparently. I also nearly sold two button bracelets to this one girl, and was complimented on my good idea. This whole flea market thing reminds me of how much I need to update my site. I have some good new designs I premiered at the market.
 
So even though I didn't make tons of cash(and what cash I made, I spent on corn dogs and funnel cake), I had a lot of fun. I met some old people from frog jump, TN, put my business cards in hands and interested some people in custom orders. All in all a good day.


No comments: