Saturday, February 18, 2006

I've found some new blogs. One, Wearing Racism, is an incisive look at anti-Asian racism in the clothing industry. This is part of the reason that independent businesspeople are so important. Due to institutional barriers, many people of color may not be able to be in decision making positions in big corporations, but we can all make a button or a t shirt or a magnet or a ribbon that gives an alternative to the same old tired stereotypes.

Sideshow Cash is more for those who need an extra hustle on the side, but the writer noted that ebay is not the only game in town. My business started out on ebay two years ago. However, the fees are a bit high for many beginners. I would recommend that crafty businesspeople try etsy or even a selling journal on livejournal. If you're a college student, see if you can sell your wares at the college. I'd like to do this, but I'm too shy to sell things in public.

No comments: