Saturday, September 13, 2008

yard sale find


yard sale find
Originally uploaded by cassowaryjewelry
In the interests of saving gas, I only went to three sales today, but at one of them, I found these. They also had a lot of awesome military items- such as canteens from WW2.

At another sale, I bought a vase and saw the wrath of a speed crawling toddler. Sadly, I won't be able to go to the Cooper Young fest in interests of saving money and gas.

I'm actually now so tired that I want to go back to bed. This is why I am not a vendor at the fest.

8 comments:

Ana said...

I love it when I find great deals :) Go back to bed, do it! I am :D

Debbie Gootter said...

I haven't garage saled in awhile- thanks for sharing your finds

Anonymous said...

I hadn't either. Garage sales are so much fun, but I had lacked the stamina.

Kari said...

Those are a really cool find! The garage sales around here are dying out (I'm in MN), so I'm jealous of you! You know that gas prices are bad when it starts affecting your garage saling (and it has mine, too).

Anonymous said...

kari, it's mostly the hurricane issues- fear of gas shortages are common in the south east now, so I decided on shorter trips just in case.

Here in TN, I swear some folks garage sale at least 5,6 times a year.

woolies said...

I love garage sales! Great Find!

Unknown said...

yard sales are heaven. been wanting to go to some for the longest to find fabric and 10 cent zippers. 10 cents!! alas, nobody's been selling these goods lately. so i'm forced to pay 2 or 3 whole dollars for 'em at the store. :-/

Anonymous said...

sad flytie. I need more people to sell their old buttons.