Friday, April 17, 2009

Earlier, a woman asked me why I thought I'd never be on the front page. I have good pictures. This sort of thing is why. I simply don't think like the front page makers. For example, today I made some jewelry. I looked in my bead box, saw what looked good, and made some jewelry. I didn't think 'graduations are coming up, so I'll make a certain style'. And my tags? I have a really hard time with tags. I usually put what color it is, what it is made of, what it is, and maybe some team tags.

I would never think of some of the tags that have been used to create front pages, simply because I don't think that way. When I buy I search for 'pink sterling silver dangle earrings' not 'rose sparkle mint julep earrings'

2 comments:

fly tie said...

i hear ya. i'm a "what can i make from this fabric that i have on hand." or in the fabric store i'm a "what can be made from this fabric that's 75% off???" i'm not big on themes. and me and tagging have never been on the same page...

i'm gonna have to read through that thread. seems interesting and potentially juicy.

Splendid Things said...

I have a hard time with tags as well. SOmetimes I get on a role and wish for more than 14, but usually I am stumped around 8 or 9! :)