Sunday, June 27, 2004

Auction Whore

Lately, I haven't been very adventurous with my eBay auctions. I have offered my perennial anti bush buttons, some Japanese woodprint buttons, and the like, but not anything I haven't sold before. (BTW: They are all ending today) Although, just now I listed a new Gustav Klimt button, and my old button maker that I started out with.
It was a good button maker, but it's just time to move on, you know?

It's hard for me to think of ways to sell most of my buttons, which are slogan buttons, that are not really connected with current pop culture trends on eBay. EBay is all about the keywords, and I can't think of any good ones. Some would say to just switch to pop culture trends, but that market is saturated, and plus, you have to always keep up with what's hot.

However, a good slogan can stay around for decades after whatever the hot new band one is ripping off's fame fades. All I have to do is think of good marketing.

No comments: