Saturday, November 01, 2008

Business cards in packages cause wank.

People have very specific ideas about what you should call the winter holiday seasonal event. Now, I'm not consistent on this point- I'm in the Jet Holiday Sale, some things are marked christmas, some are marked holiday. Maybe I should mark somethings xmas because people might search for that. I live in the south, where we have churches on every corner eager to help you celebrate religious Christmas, so I don't worry too much if someone in a shop writes 'xmas'. I have never heard of anyone who says 'I'm going to put Xmas as a tag to put down Christians'- they probably are just covering all their bases as far as search tags are concerned.

I guess this ended up being a mini etsian guide- why people put xmas or holiday as tags or titles on items. Protip: nothing against Christianity.

No comments: